There are several things in the Mazda harness that you still need, but others that are no longer needed. The drivers side and passenger side are separate, so I decided to clean up the easier drivers side first.
First step was to remove all of the factory tape and plastic tubing holding the harness together. This is a long dirty job.
Next step was removing what wasn’t needed. I wanted to COMPLETELY remove the unneeded wires, but I quickly realized that was more work than I was willing to take on. I ended up cutting each wire, folding the end back on itself, and covered in heat shrink. They are then taped in to the harness. This was done to the AFM, cruise control, air bag, and side indicator wire, as I am not using any of theses.
Next I wrapped the wires in fresh electrical tape the way I wanted it to be.
Next it needed to be covered. I am not a fan of the factory style tubing, so I went with a product called Techflex F6. I am very happy with it. It has a split in it, and coils over it self nicely. I recommend a hot knife for cutting it as it does fray if you don’t melt the end. I finished the ends off with silicone tape for a clean look.
Along the way, I also gave the diagnostic connector bracket a coat of paint and reinstalled the headlight.
I need to get some new anchors before I can call this side done, but that is about it.