The harness work under the dash didn’t end up being so bad. It was time consuming work that left my fingers sticky and sore, but I managed to get all of the unneeded Mazda wires that go to the passanger side completely removed from the harness. What was left was rapped up and reattached to the firewall.
Before reinstalling the dash, I disassembled the 3 hvac boxes, cleaned them, and applied new weather stripping. The AC box was the worst of them.
Once they were reinstalled, the dash went back in and I gave it another startup test to make sure it still ran after surgery. All was good, so now I can move forward with final passanger side engine bay wiring wrapping and routing.